Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Serves: 8 – 10
Lasagna Noodles – 1/2 of a 16oz package (9 strips)
Salt – to taste
Spaghetti Sauce – 26 oz
Olive Oil – 4 tsp, divided
Frozen (or fresh) Spinach – 16 oz, chopped
Mushrooms – 8 oz, sliced thick
Green Chili – to taste, finely chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
Garlic Powder – to taste
Crushed Red Chili Pepper – to taste
Ricotta Cheese – 15 oz
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – 2 cups
Shredded Parmesan Cheese – 1 1/2 cups
Fresh Basil Leaves – handful, chopped
Italian Parsley – 5 sprigs, chopped finely
Egg – 1 (optional)
1. Boil Lasagna noodles according to package directions (usually 10-11 minutes) – do not over cook!
2. Remove from hot water and lay them out flat, side by side on a piece of foil.
3. Heat 2 tsp of Olive Oil in a medium non-stick pan.
4. Add 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning.
5. Add Green Chilies, Spinach, Salt, Garlic Powder and mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
6. Remove spinach into a bowl and add 2 tsp Olive Oil in the same pan.
7. Add chopped garlic to the oil before it heats up.
8. Once Oil is hot, add Mushrooms and salt and stir fry them for 2-3 minutes.
9. Remove from heat to prevent further cooking.
10. In a medium mixing bowl, add Ricotta Cheese, chopped Basil & Parsley, Garlic Powder, Italian Seasoning, Crushed Red Chili Flakes and Salt. Mix well and taste to adjust any spices or salt.
11. Add Egg (optional) and mix well.
12. Fold in 1 cup each of Mozzarella and Parmesan Cheeses.
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
13. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with cooking oil.
14. Cover the bottom of the pan with few spoons of Spaghetti Sauce – just enough to coat.
15. Layer 3 noodles next to each other on top of the sauce.
16. Lightly coat the top of noodles with a little more sauce.
17. Spread 1/2 of Ricotta Cheese mixture on the noodles.
18. Layer Spinach on top of cheese mixture.
19. Place 2nd layer of noodles on top of the spinach (side by side).
20. Lightly spread sauce on the noodles.
21. Spread remaining cheese mixture on top of the sauce.
22. Arrange Mushroom slices on top of the cheese mixture.
23. Layer final 3 noodles over the mushrooms (side by side).
24. Spread remaining sauce over the top.
25. Sprinkle remaining Mozzarella Cheese over the top. Optional – sliced black olives can be sprinkled on top of cheese.
26. Cover and Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 c).
27. Remove cover and Broil on high for 5 – 10 minutes until cheese is golden brown. Keep a close eye on the broil process!
28. Allow the Lasagna to rest for 15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with chopped parsley and remaining Parmesan cheese.
29. Serve with garlic bread and salad for a complete meal.
Recipe taken from http://showmethecurry.com/fusion/how-to-make-vegetable-lasagna-video-recipe.html